Saturday, April 22, 2006

Arcade Fire

Sometimes a Band just grabs in an instant and you know they 'Rock', I'd really like to say Arcade Fire did that for me, but they didn't. Mr.Chris Moyles introduced them to me a month or so back, I was indifferent at first, but after having their Album, Funeral, on repeat in the Car for a while something happened, something clicked for me. I found myself drawn in, until I couldn't stop listening to it, and now I can only describe the Album as truely awesome.

I read a review describing them as the kings of Melancholy somewhere and that to me about sums them up... Not happy, not sad, just moody, Track 7 'Wake Up' and track 9 Rebellion (Lies), once u get past the U2 style intro, are just so kool, In fact i'm hard pushed to find a single track on the album I don't like, which is extremely unusual for me. (I haven't heard an album so complete since maybe 'The Joshua Tree').

Now I know u lot over the Pond are gonna give me a hard time because they're rather big over there and been around quite a while, (they've just won the Juno's I believe), but over here in old blighty, it seems that Chris and I are the only people that have heard of them !!!

So if u can afford £7.97 buy the album now from Amazon, do it, its well worth it, but the only thing I would say is give it a chance, play it three or four times before u make a judgement... I really is well worth it...

Hey.... :o)

Ciao Ciao
Confused From Chichester
I BLOG There4 I Am

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home