Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And Its Goodnight From Him


It is a very sad day, The Legend that was Ronnie Baker has Died :-(

Probably best remembered from 'Porridge', 'The Two Ronnies' and 'Open All Hours', the man has a very special spot in my heart.

Not only was he a pure comic genius, but he also played the characters in 'Porridge' that gave me the childhood name that sticks with me still.

I've got very vivid and fond memories of my teachers shouting 'Norman Stanley Fletcher' at me, or more usually than not, just 'Fletch', whilst attempting a rough Scottish impersonation of Mr.MacKay :-)

This man defined a part of me 25 years ago that I still hold in my spirit today. :-(

"Just knowing you will not be there anymore, is a sad thought indeed... It's a honour to carry just a little of your memory... Rest in Piece... "

I'm going off to get drunk...
Ciao Ciao
Confused From Cambridge

I BLOG There4 I Am

LOL... Who could forget him singing "Born Free... Until Somebody Caught me" in Porridge :-)

1Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

:o(

Very much a part of your life, a sad day indeed 'Fletch'. xx

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home