Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A last soiree in Cambridge

A last soiree in Cambridge... (But maybe not for long :o( )

OK work went well yesterday, lots of progress made, which only left the evening to load with merriment. Nothing extreme just a few of us out for a little supper and a bottle of vino (OK OK and Brandy, and Guinness, and Tequila :o) ).

So I thought I'd just mention the restaurant we eat at, 'Chez Gerard' Brassiere, which apart from being of a French persuasion (they even threw in a real French waitress!), was in fact most acceptable. I believe they're just a small chain with 20 or so restaurants, most of which are located in London. But if you're a strict Carnivore like myself, then very much worth a visit :o) (Even if the wine list was also disappointingly French aswell).

Oh... Another highlight of my day and another thing anti the Hotel I'm staying in... Last nights 'night cap', just a wee Glenmornangie before bed. The B'stards only tried to serve me up a cheap Yucky Jack Daniels Bourbon type offering instead! And then insisted it was Glenmorganie because it said so on the bottle! Obviously I bowed to the opinion of my new 'Malt Mentor' the 19 year old 'worlds best' whisky expert and head barman who served it to me, Not! Think he 'bottled' (excuse the pun) it when I offered him a wager, double or quits on my entire Hotel Bill... Hehehe ;o)

I'm so glad that was my last night staying there, and in Cambridge.

Ciao Ciao
Confused from Chichester
I BLOG There4 I Am

3Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Lol..imagine trying to fob you off with a cheap JD type offering! Almost sacrelidge! heh ;o)

6:59 pm  
Blogger Sublime said...

If I come visit the UK can you show me around? lol...just kidding. Getting out of the country is just sounding dreamy at the moment.

Take care,
Sublime

*Barkeep! Another round for the gentleman, please!"

7:29 pm  
Blogger Fletch said...

Gem: Ahh... "The Irish invented it, the Scots perfected it, and the Americans Bastardized it!" ;o)

Sub: Hey, no worries, u come over, I'll show u around :o) Obviously your paying and Ive got expensive tastes so get saving those Pennys up ;o)

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home