Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sex, Drugs, Violence & just a little True Romance

Well what more could anyone else ask for on a Saturday night :o)

A good friend of mine listed 'True Romance' in their top movies and it had been quite some time (maybe 15 years!), since I'd watched it. A recap was most definitely overdue as I remembered it as being a good movie, but just how good I'd completely forgotten.

The scene was set, 'Two-Bellies' arrived accompanied by 'Treacle Babe' and copious quantise of very cheap plonk (FFS Fizzy Red Wine! Hardy's Crest Shiraz... Yuk!). Top bloke old Two-Bellies, but when it comes to choosing drinkable vino the boy is palletly challenged!!! Luckily though I'd pre-empted this all to often massive failing of his and brought in a few descent bottle of Rioja, for myself at least :o) A few nibbles, a quick Greek salad and some funky ciabattas (vine tomatoes, Romano peppers, Parma ham, lashings of olive oil, smothered with buffalo mozzarella and a more than good dose of crushed pepper :o) ), a quick catch up on gossip and the airing began.

The first thing that hit me about the film, within seconds was the score! I'd completely forgotten the title tune, how the f**k could I of? Hans Zimmer at his best... "You're so cool" (30 Second Preview Here... Track 1 on the Samples), it was now in my head and throughout the film variations on this theme where being played (glockenspiel overload!), I just couldn't stop myself whistling the dam tune over and over! (Badly obviously ;o)). But needless to say I have this morning sourced the album on Amazon and purchased it if for this single track alone! (OK so there's three variations on the CD).

So then the movie, I'm not going to ramble on to much because there's far better written reviews here and here on the movie.

The fact that Tarantino didn't direct the movie is obvious throughout, making it some what tamer than his usual offerings, but the script and the "conversation" is genius and easily on par with The 'Pulp Fiction'. But more importantly maybe is the cast, all of whom provide fantastic performances but more astonishingly is that because the movie was shot before most of the players had hit the 'Big Time' I doubt if now any movie producer could afford in monetary and ego terms to get such a great line up of actors together again on the same movie. Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt, Dennis Hopper, Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken and Christian Slater. (In the best performance he's ever given).

So really all I'm going to say is, even if your not a great Tarantino fan, watch this Movie if you haven't already, it's so so kool! And if you have seen it but not for a while, watch it again!!! This movie is almost as good as it gets! :o)

Anyway, so there you have it, the highlight of my weekend... Well OK not quite, I'm just about to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind again, before I mosey down the pub for a few G's and a nice roast dinner, just a lazy realxed Sunday :o)

Ciao Ciao
Confused from Chichester
I BLOG There4 I Am

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm....lol! ;o)

6:21 pm  
Blogger Fletch said...

OK its been 2 days since I saw this film and I still cant get those F**King Glockenspiels out my mind... Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum...

Eeeecccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Ciao Ciao

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home