Friday, February 01, 2008

Which route?

Well, my youngest 'scabby blister' is getting married this September in the South of Italy and not being one to miss an opportunity to go for a little ride on the bike (well it's only a couple of days and Eloisa needs a good run out ;O) ), riding down is the preferred option (it's OK I've checked, attending the wedding in Bike Gear is acceptable. Actually I did offer to ride her to the wedding in style, but she declined, something about oily motorbikes and wedding dresses ;O) ).

Anyway's, then I got to a pondering... It might well be worth extending the break from a single week to three and make another European tour out of it (clever hey ;o) ).

So, pondering some more, I've come up with route options, three of them. All starting in a similar fashion, do the wedding Gig, then catch the Ferry from Bari to Greece and keep heading east'ish towards to Istanbul. But the question is where to go from there? (can't really keep heading Eastwards and expect to get back within the time scale!).

So Below are the three options I'm playing with, what do you think?

Long Route (Off to Moscow!)

Medium Route (Trying to avoid any left over land mines!)

Leisurely Route (OK not that leisurely)


Ciao Ciao
Confused From Cambridge
I BLOG There4 I AM

5Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Lol...what do I think? I think we need to get fitter and get extra gel in the saddle....you are bound to go for the longest, most protracted route (carnet permitting!)! heh ;o)

10:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that poosting went well Jack Shit are really interested......???

Leave it to the real Bikers Dude or your other Blogg - not the original "Answers arent at the back blogg" you have alraedy defaced the page??

7:25 am  
Blogger gemmak said...

Oh... And there was I thinking a blog was supposed to be a personal journal and consequently reflect the thoughts and interests of the author. ;-)

8:39 am  
Blogger Fletch said...

Ladies!!!! ;o)

Hey, my first 'Bike' post here in forever!!!

Hey and whats wrong with the Header...!!! ;o)

BB... Hey, I'll take you for a spin, prove my 'Real Biker' credentials ;O)))

Ciao Ciao

8:58 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ok then.. I say, take the most interesting route. Put extra gel in the seat (or take a pillow)..take lots of breaks.

BTW, I noticed the redesign, Gem. Looks lovely, as always.

3:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home