Friday, May 12, 2006

Real Inspiration :o)

The Guilt has set in... ;o) As I seemed to of disappointed my avid reader(s) with the choice of inspirational quotes that I posted on my last entry, I thought maybe, a miscellaneous selection of more appropriate ones that inspire me might be in order...

By know means my definitive Top Ten (cus theres 14!), but just a few that influence me... :o)

1) "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

2) "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence,

3) "People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest." - Hermann Hesse

4) "The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

5) "Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits." - Dan Barker

6) "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi

7) "To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive." - Robert Louis Stevenson

8) "Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward." - Patricia Sampson

9) "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Mahatma Gandhi

10) "Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it." - Salma Hayek

11) "Patterning your life around other's opinions is nothing more than slavery." - Lawana Blackwell,

12) "It is a fine thing to establish one's own religion in one's heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing." - D. H. Lawrence

13) "I don't really trust a sane person." - Lyle Alzao

Any Finally, the Irony ;o)

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Ciao Ciao
Confused From Chichester
I BLOG There4 I AM

2Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

I agree wholeheartedly with #13! ;o)

5:30 pm  
Blogger Fletch said...

Gem: Armadillo ;O) Ohh Dime Bar ;o)

Ciao Ciao

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home