Friday, July 14, 2006

It's a Mystery

Somewhere in the distance; hidden from view,
Suspended in the atmosphere; waiting to come through.
Sometimes it's so far away; sometimes it's very near,
Sound being carried by the wind; just loud enough to hear.

And so it begins, he came, he saw, he did a little shopping, but now it's time to start planning his exit, May 2007.

Yep, it could well be time to leave England's green and pleasant land for a few years. Slip off silently into the night and leave behind all traces of responsibility, time to get on my 'Bike'...




The timing is right; the motivation is building momentum. This BLOG could well become the 'Diary of a Dreamer' attempting to organize a round the world trip on a motorbike. (Yep all the way round!)

The preparation and research is enormous, the 'Don't forget to...' list is mammoth, 10 months to cover all the options doesn't appear long enough... Just trying to figure out the safest, most motorbike friendly route is an enormous task without even taken into account the weather (forgive me for not really wanting to cross Thailand during the monsoon or the Himalayas while there having a cold snap!). Visas, carnets, insurance, bike preparation, everything appears a challenge, one at the moment I'm enjoying researching and figuring out. (This is my Bible ).

The key for me is to organize but not commit, prepare as if I am definitly going, but leave the final commitment until early next year. Handing in my notice will be the point of no return, but as followers of my life might well of observed, I've had similar plans for the 'Grand Tour' before, anything can happen in my life in 10 months and it usually does.

Let's see how this plan pans out hey :o) Exciting though isn't it :o)

Ciao Ciao
Confused From Chichester
I BLOG There4 I Am


3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanna pillion? Lol. :o)

11:20 am  
Blogger Fletch said...

S&c : A 'Ride' for a Ride? :o)))

Ciao Ciao

8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Take the High Road and I'll take the low road :)

8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home